Boston Immigration Attorney Assists with Medical Visa Programs

Need a lawyer for a medical employee visa in Boston? There are a number of ways for foreign medical workers to obtain legal immigration status in the United States. At Foley Law Offices, my immigration legal team works to identify the best option for clients seeking authorization to work in the U.S. medical field. The most common visa programs for medical personnel are the J-1, H-1B, and H-1C. If the employee intends to teach or do research, there may be other avenues open as well. To learn about the best option for your situation, contact my Boston immigration law firm.

Visa Programs for Nurses

Nurses can apply for admission to the U.S. under the H-1C visa program. Although this program is exclusively for registered nurses, only 500 individuals can be admitted to the country each year under the program. In addition, nurses may apply under the H-1B program, which admits more employees; however, this program includes all skilled professional workers, not just nurses, so the competition is more difficult. For Canadian and Mexican nurses, the easiest route to permission to work in the U.S. is generally the TN visa program, which is intended to admit workers from other two NAFTA countries. If retained as your Boston immigration lawyer, I will review the programs open to you. Once we have determined together the best way to proceed, I can gather the required documentation and begin the application process for you.

Visa Programs for Physicians

The two most common visa programs used by foreign physicians seeking to work in the U.S. are the J-1 visa and the H-1B visa. The J-1 visa is a version of a student visa, and is particularly useful for physicians seeking to remain in the U.S. for a residency or internship. The H-1B visa is designed to allow professionals to work in the U.S. for a limited period of time and is frequently used by physicians. The requirements for each type of visa vary. Each program has benefits and disadvantages.

Looking for a lawyer for a medical employee visa in Boston? At Foley Law Offices, I will help you determine the best course of action. Once you have decided how to move forward, I can begin gathering the paperwork and file the application on your behalf. You can rest assured that the documentation and forms will be completed correctly. Schedule an appointment with me if you wish professional assistance with your medical visa application.