Immigration Law and International Trade

U.S. immigration law allows for people who are involved in substantial trade and investment activities to enter the country as non-immigrants. The visa classification, E, applies only to foreign nationals from countries with which the U.S. has a commercial treaty. Another word for people who enter the U.S. on this type of visa is treaty trader or treaty investor. (E-2 or E-1 visa)

Looking for an attorney for an international trade visa in Boston? With 20 years of experience as a Boston immigration attorney, I have significant experience helping investors and owners of international high-tech firms enter the U.S. to conduct business. If you are a resident of a treaty country and wish to conduct significant business in the U.S., contact Foley Law Offices to schedule a consultation. I know the documentation, forms, and procedures required for a successful application for a treaty trader or treaty investor visa.

Requirements for Treaty Trader or Treaty Investor Visas

I am fully aware of the necessary processes and documentation required for treaty trader and treaty investor visa applications. When you retain my firm, I and my staff can help you understand and prepare for these requirements. Individuals applying for treaty trader or treaty investor status (E-1 or E-2 visa) must be:

  • A national of a treaty country
  • Engaged in substantial trade or investment, defined as sizable and continuing
  • Employed in a managerial or executive position, or possess highly specialized or unusual skills
  • Investing in or operating an non-speculative business
  • Investing in a business that has a significant economic impact on the United States

Benefits of Treaty Trader or Treaty Investor Status

Recipients of international trader or investor status can usually bring their families to live with them in the United States. As long as the investment or trading continues at a “substantial” level, there is usually no expiration date on the visa. Consult my firm to learn more about how you can benefit from obtaining this type of visa.

Contact a Skilled Boston Immigration Lawyer

Searching for an attorney for an international trade visa in Boston? An international trade visa requires consular processing at an embassy or consulate in the home country of the foreign national. As an experienced immigration attorney, I know the requirements and procedures of U.S. Consulates and U.S. Embassies throughout the world. In addition, I have a strong network of knowledgeable associates and administrative support staff who are members of the American Immigration Lawyers Association and can ensure that nothing is missed in your pursuit of an E-1 or E-2 visa. Contact Foley Law Offices today to learn more!