Intracompany Employee Transfer

Searching for a lawyer for an executive transfer visa in Boston? Individuals who are in specialized, managerial, or executive jobs and who work for an international company doing business in the United States may obtain a visa that allows them to work temporarily in the U.S. The visa covers those who are working for the same company that employed them abroad. With more than 20 years of experience in the legal industry, I am a Boston immigration attorney with the legal acumen to help individuals who need these visas and the employers who request them. My firm, Foley Law Offices, has extensive experience with L-1 visa applications and is well positioned to make the application process go smoothly.

Benefits of an L-1 Visa

While a lot of paperwork is required for an L-1 visa application, there are benefits to both the employee and his or her employer. Depending on the exact classification, the visa may be valid for up to seven years. Spouses of L-1 visa holders are usually eligible for working visas for employment in the U.S. Visa holders and their spouses may pursue permanent residency while holding an L-1 visa via an adjustment of status petition.

Requirements for an L-1 Visa Application

The applicants must demonstrate that they have been working abroad for same company for which they will be working in the U.S. There must be a demonstrated legal relationship between the foreign and U.S. operations of the company. The applicant must confirm his or her executive, managerial, or specialized status. Finally, the applicant must show that he or she plans to leave the U.S. at the end of the job assignment; however, applying for permanent residency while holding an L-1 visa is allowed.

How a Boston Immigration Attorney Can Help

Need an attorney for an L-1 visa in Boston? If retained as your Boston immigration lawyer, I can draft the documents demonstrating that the requirements for L-1 visa status have been met. In addition, I can complete the required forms. Once the petition for temporary worker status has been approved by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, the applicant must obtain the visa from a U.S. Consulate or U.S. Embassy in his or her home country. The process of obtaining an L-1 visa can be confusing and complex, and the stakes are high. Contact my firm today to schedule a consultation and learn how I am prepared to help you.