Boston Immigration Attorney for Athletes and Musicians

O and P Visa Programs

United States immigration law allows for temporary entry of actors, musicians and athletes and other individuals with extraordinary ability and fame under the O1 and P1 visa programs. Whether they petition as individuals or as a group – such as a band or an exhibition baseball team – the artists or athletes must be able to demonstrate their exceptional ability and significance to their field of endeavor. The Boston law firm of Foley Law Offices has the knowledge and experience to make the visa application process as easy as possible.

Athletes and Entertainer Visa Requirements

Need a lawyer for an O and P visa in Boston? The visa programs (O-1, O-2, O-3, and P-1) covering athletes and entertainers allow for support personnel such as managers, trainers, and costumers, to accompany the athlete, actor, or musician. Children and spouses may also be admitted. Whether coming alone or with a group, the entertainer or artist must submit a significant amount of documentation, including:

  • Contracts
  • Information about team or individual rankings in the relevant sport
  • Awards
  • Letters from the governing organization
  • Copies of media – articles, videos, newspaper clippings – illustrating the importance of the individual or group
  • Historical salary or payment information for the individual or group
  • Proof that the individual or group has been acting, performing, or playing the sport for at least a year

How My Firm Can Help You

Looking for a lawyer for an athlete visa in Boston? As an immigration lawyer, I take on the time-consuming process of gathering these necessary materials for clients applying for entry under the O and P visa programs. Because of my experience and knowledge of the requirements of these visa programs, I am able to give clients the peace of mind that comes from knowing that the process is being handled correctly. Schedule a consultation with a Boston immigration lawyer who has more than 20 years of experience. Contact my firm today to get started in the process of obtaining your O or P visa.