Pursuing a Green Card on a Student Visa in Boston

Searching for an attorney for student adjustment of status in Boston? Some students who come to the United States under an F-1 visa decide to pursue permanent residency by applying for an I-485 adjustment of status. Adjustment of status describes the process by which a foreign national may obtain a green card and so change their status from non-immigrant to permanent resident. It is provided under the Immigration and Nationality Act. The other method for obtaining legal residency is known as consular processing.

An F-1 visa allows academic students who are foreign nationals to study in the United States at a college, university, high school, language program, seminary, conservatory, or other educational institution of their choice. The student must demonstrate the following:

  • Full-time enrollment
  • Adequate financial support
  • An intention of returning to his or her home country once the educational program is completed

An M-1 visa allows you to study at a vocational school or another non-academic institution. It is very important to have good legal counsel when applying for an adjustment of status on a student visa. You may be a foreign student interested in obtaining permanent residency, and if so, you need to get help from a seasoned Boston immigration attorney who can help you take the appropriate steps toward achieving your goals.

Foley Law Offices Has Served New England’s Immigration Needs Since 1991

Looking for a lawyer for student adjustment of status in Boston? My name is John Philip Foley. For more than 20 years, I have helped countless men and women throughout New England solve their immigration issues. My Boston law firm, Foley Law Offices, is conveniently located in Faneuil Hall Marketplace just a close walk away from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services offices in the John F. Kennedy Federal Building.

If you are hoping to take up residency in the U.S., you need legal experience and advice on your side. There is too much at stake for you to attempt this alone. By hiring my firm, you can be sure that you will have help and support every step of the way. Call me today to schedule a consultation and get started in the process of obtaining legal residency and beginning your own American dream.