Immigration Lawyer in Boston

Serving Residency & Citizenship Needs in New England Since 1991

Searching for a lawyer for an immigration case in Boston? At Foley Law Offices, your needs will be heard and prioritized. For over 20 years, our compassionate team has been helping men and women from around the world achieve their own American dreams. We understand the complicated immigration process and the laws that affect you and know how to get you through the process as painlessly as possible.

When you retain our services, we will work tirelessly to ensure that your personal goals are reached and that your unique situation receives the attention it deserves. If you have questions, do not hesitate to call our Boston immigration lawyers at any time to schedule a consultation.

Whatever Your Immigration Needs, We Can Help You

The sheer scale of immigration law can be daunting to people just entering our country. From piles of paperwork to regulations that must be followed precisely, any little mistake can lead to delays or complete denials of your citizenship status. To make certain you figure out the details and take the proper steps, proceed with the help of our firm.

We have experience dealing with all of the following matters:

Rely On an Immigration Attorney Who Understands Your Story

Our lead attorney, Mr. Foley, feels a personal connection to all of his clients, as his own grandmother was an immigrant to this great country. Her story and our own experiences have taught our team to always handle our cases with great care, as we know that the livelihood of our clients might rely entirely on the outcome of their case.

More than our numerous accolades and awards, we are proud of our list of client testimonials. Knowing that we have made a significant difference in their lives brings a great sense of satisfaction to us and we would be honored to help you just as we have helped all of them.

Work with a Boston immigration firm that cares about you and your family. Schedule your consultation with our team today.

Business/Employment Visas

If you want to work in the United States, there are a number of options available to help you obtain legal residency. Since 1991, Foley Law Offices has helped business travelers find legal means to expand their opportunities and portfolios by putting their skills to work in the U.S. economy. That is more than 20 years of experience helping people just like you!

Read more about Business Visas.


Need a lawyer for a citizenship case in Boston? It is a proud moment when I am able to watch one of my clients raise their right hand and take the Oath of Citizenship, because I know how much hard work and determination this moment represents. I know that my client has dedicated a great deal of time and resources to this goal - and I know that, in the end, all of their effort will be worth it because now they have a chance to pursue their own American dream.

Read more on Citizenship.

Consular Processing

There are two ways to obtain a green card that allows you to have permanent resident status in the United States. One way is to apply for an adjustment of status. This is an option for non-immigrants who are currently residing in the United States. If you are already in the country, this process allows you to become a legal resident without having to go home to your native country.

Read more about Consular Processing.

Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA)

On June 26, 2013 the United States Supreme Court struck down the federal Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) which defined marriage as only between one man and one woman. This decision means that individual states have the right to acknowledge same-sex marriages if they so choose. In addition, this decision opens the door for same-sex couples in states where gay and lesbian marriage is recognized to seek immigration rights. At this time, 13 states and the District of Columbia recognize same-sex marriage. These states are:

Read more about the Defense of Marriage ACT by clicking on this link.


Whether you're hoping to come to the United States with a new business idea, or you have plans to invest in a company that already exists, you must first acquire a visa. U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS) offers a variety of visas for entrepreneurs and investors, but applicants are required to meet numerous prerequisites. Before going through the immigration maze alone, seek assistance from Foley Law Offices.

Read more about Entrepreneurs and Investors.

Executive Action

Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) and Deferred Action for Parents of Americans & Lawful Permanent Residents (DAPA) are both immigration programs enacted by President Obama. Together, these programs are expected to help nearly five million people. Given this high number, you may be wondering if you qualify for the exciting benefits offered by both DACA and DAPA. You've come to the right place. At Foley Law Offices, you will find over two decades of immigration experience at your fingertips. Our Boston immigration attorneys are eager to assist you!

Read more about Executive Actions.

Family Petitions

U.S. citizens and permanent residents have the ability to petition for certain family members to obtain a visa or green card. Family immigration provides several options depending on sponsor's relationship and immigration status.

Read more about Family Visas.

Immigration Reform Quiz

President Obama has announced a series of executive actions to grant work permits and temporary reprieves from deportation to as many as five million undocumented immigrants. While none of the changes will occur immediately, the President’s actions can be seen as a beacon of hope for many undocumented immigrants. Learn more below and contact a...


When a foreign national marries a U.S. citizen, they become a family member of that citizen. This relationship means they be eligible for permanent residency in the United States. First, however, the couple must prove that a number of requirements have been met. For example, if the marriage occurred overseas, both spouses must be able to demonstrate that the marriage was legal - that all prior divorces were finalized and the relationship was recognized in the country where the marriage was performed. There are certain types of marriages that are not considered valid under U.S. immigration policy, including:

Read more about Marriage and Fiance.


Naturalization is the process through which a foreign national chooses to become a citizen of the United States of America. Individuals over the age of 18 must undergo the naturalization process in order to obtain U.S. citizenship. There are a few prior requirements that must be met in order to qualify for the naturalization process. If you meet the following requirements, you may be eligible to begin the naturalization process and your journey toward citizenship:

Read more about Naturalization.

Non-Immigrant Visa

The United States offers a number of programs welcoming visitors from around the world, maintaining a policy of "secure borders and open doors." Non-immigrant visas stay in a foreign traveler's passport and allow him or her to visit the United States for a temporary period. While a non-immigrant visa does not guarantee entrance, it does grant you permission to come into a U.S. airport or other port of entry to request entrance from the Department of Homeland Security.

Read more about Non-Immigrant Visas.

Notice of Intent to Deny (NOID)

If you have received a Notice of Intent to Deny (NOID) in the mail recently, your first reaction may have been of confusion. The notice can be several pages long and convoluted with governmental jargon. Difficult to interpret or not, a NOID is very important, as it is – put simply – a notification from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) that intends to deny your immigration status.

Read more about Notice of Intent to Deny.

Removing Conditions

Usually, conditions on an immigration status are in place when an individual has married a U.S. citizen. By marrying a U.S. citizen, a foreign national is eligible to apply for an adjustment of status allowing him or her to achieve permanent resident status in the United States. Until the marriage is longer than two years in length, however, there are certain conditions placed on the permanent resident status. You and your spouse must first prove that your marriage is legitimate and was not fabricated for the purpose of obtaining legal residency rights for one of you.

Read more about Removing Conditions.

Student Adjustment of Status

Searching for an attorney for student adjustment of status in Boston? Some students who come to the United States under an F-1 visa decide to pursue permanent residency by applying for an I-485 adjustment of status. Adjustment of status describes the process by which a foreign national may obtain a green card and so change their status from non-immigrant to permanent resident. It is provided under the Immigration and Nationality Act. The other method for obtaining legal residency is known as consular processing.

Read more about Adjustment of Status.


Looking for pursue further education or training in the United States? Our law firm is well versed in visa options available to you.

Read more about Students/OPT.