On May 1, 2017, USCIS began issuing redesigned Green Cards and employment authorization cards (EADs). The purpose of the redesigned cards is to enhance the fraud-resistant security measures and deter counterfeiting and fraud.
The new Green Cards and EADs will:
- Display the individual’s photos on both sides;
- Show a unique graphic image and color palette:
- Green Cards will have an image of the Statue of Liberty and a predominately green palette;
- EAD cards will have an image of a bald eagle and a predominately red palette;
- Have embedded holographic images; and
- No longer display the individual’s signature.
Green Cards will no longer have an optical stripe on the back.
If you have received a card after May 1st, and it does not have any of the above-mentioned features, you should contact our office right away in order to obtain a Green Card or EAD that is compliant with the USCIS re-design. All other cards issued prior to May 1st, 2017 are still valid until its expiration date.